[ExI] 1984 and Orwell's Warnings

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed May 21 08:04:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 6:29 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

> It is extremely tedious and odious to find streets and plazas in my
> birth-city of Bytom continuously renamed. From "Kaiserplatz" to
> "Hermann Goering Platz", to "Plac Stalina", to "Plac Thelmana" to
> "Plac Solidarnosci", little political rat-creatures gnawing at names
> and places, ever eager to erase the blackboard and to repeat old
> mistakes.

And historical photos are edited to remove people no longer approved
of by the present masters. And history books are rewritten so that a
generation grow up not knowing the truth about what previous
generations did.

The masters try to create a younger generation of followers who ignore
(or do not even know about) history. I suppose that is why cycles
occur of the same mistakes being repeated.

'Maybe it will work this time'?

BillK