[ExI] Galactic Standard :)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed May 21 16:47:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 9:42 AM, M1N3R <m1n3r2 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Now, before we leave our beloved Blue Planet and begin establishing our
> galactic dominion should there not be an accepted common protocol for
> communication? OK, there is English. But as it is, not all people speak
> English.

What's the big deal? In fact, people concerned with monoglottism will
be able to draft academic papers in Gaelic, Icelandic, Bulgarian or
Latin soon enough, according to Google's founders views on the pace
automatic, on the fly translation is improving.

I do not have the link at hand, but this is one point where
technology, which indeniably played a role in globalisation and loss
of diversity, may end up helping to reverse such effects.

Stefano Vaj