[ExI] Spacers vs Settlers (further along 1984 and Orwell's Warnings)

M1N3R m1n3r2 at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 21:02:10 UTC 2008

Somehow the thought occurred to me after reading the letter from Amara. And
this will surely ring a bell for those who read Asimov's Robots and Empire.
The tendencies, the value of people in Europe or in the US compared to the
situation in China seems interesting. Strange analogy but we are beginning
to be like the spacers (each life is valuable) and the settlers (short life,
not quite much to lose). I think it is quite obvious who is who... And we
don't even need a populated galaxy for these differences to occur. There are
already signs of this. What do you think?

M1N3R