[ExI] Minority of one

M1N3R m1n3r2 at hotmail.com
Fri May 23 07:18:23 UTC 2008

There was a topic about 1984. Now, going along that line consider Winston
Smith, the hero of the book. As for the whole party and the system, he was a
lunatic, a minority of one. And yet he thought he was right (but now I can't
quote, he writes it down in his diary). Yeah, "they must somehow fail",
"down with Big Brother". There are so many people out there in the real
world who are considered eccentric, extreme etc by the majority. We learn
about some of them during literature lessons :D. Question is, to what extent
is it justified to be a minority of one? Or is it anyway?