[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri May 30 16:55:17 UTC 2008

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net :
>I would call it melancholy news. True the government had no right to
>take those kids from their parents, [...]

Depends how much you weigh the "take those kids from their parents" and
how large is your assumption of abuse-without-evidence, and how large is
your assumption of what exists in that community compared to what exists
in dysfunctional families and religious and other kinds of what might be
considered (by others) as quirky groups (H+ anyone?) elsewhere.

As a parent-to-be, I found the State of Texas' actions to be a
mind-numbing expression of among the worst of the U.S.' aggressive
against-its-citizens, police-state, government-imposed purity criteria
actions and it added to my long list of reasons why I shouldn't be
living in the U.S. Thank goodness, there exists such a justice system
(at this time) as the Supreme Court.

Amara