[ExI] Online social groups.

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Nov 14 20:03:10 UTC 2008

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Grigg
Subject: Re: [ExI] Online social groups.

Spike wrote:
>>Certainly in the old days (mid 90s) we took on a lot more heavy topics.

>Ahhh...., the whispered about age when giants bestrode the Extropian list,
that was a vast five years or so before I joined in '99...

Bestrode.  I like that word.  Isn't clear how to handle the tense.  I have
bestrodden this list before and intend to bestride it in the future, for I
immodestly consider myself one of the best-
riders present.

>Spike, do you know of people who have archived the list from those days and
could share some of the more impressive threads?

Web geeks, can you answer this please?

> What were some of the heavy topics that your remember?

Politics and war.

> And what were some of the conclusions reached (if any)? John  : )

None ever, other than reinforcing the utter futility of discussing politics
and war in this forum.