[ExI] Thoughts on Space based solar power

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 19:45:41 UTC 2008

--- On Wed, 11/19/08, hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:

> From: hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com>
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Thoughts on Space based solar power
> To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
> Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 9:46 AM
> It it is possible to get back on topic here, does the
> proposed legislation terms do what I want, which is to make
> a space based solar power project world wide?
>
> Keith

Are you sure that "price fixing" solar power is better than carbon-taxing oil and coal to the point where solar is cheaper anyway? Also shouldn't *all* solar power technology be excempted from ITAR, not just space-based ones?

Stuart LaForge

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." - Sun Tzu