[ExI] New Browser: Google Chrome

Samantha  Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Sep 4 19:30:53 UTC 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 12:06 PM, Bryan Bishop wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 September 2008, Emlyn wrote:
>> Really totally off topic for anything, but Google's new open source
>> browser, Chrome, is awesome. I would normally find a new browser to
>> be a very dull thing, but this one is major cool. Noticeably faster
>> than IE and Firefox, very slick, everything seems to work well, cool
>> new geek tools hiding away in there.
>
> I find browsers to be totally on-topic actually. :-) More so than
> other
> things that are typically discussed. One of the issues in browsing the
> web is that I hit this upper limit of about 400 tabs at once in Opera.

400??  You are truly one sick puppy.  :-)

Seriously, what is the use for so many tabs?   Is it just a matter of
poor housekeeping on the part of the browser/user combo in not closing
tabs auto-generated by following links?   I would think it would be a
fair idea to have some upper limit and a LRU cache.

- samantha