[ExI] Facebook is freaking me out

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 07:32:52 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008, Emlyn wrote:
> Like the subject says. I just joined facebook (as quite a few of you
> know because friend requests started flying out in all directions).
> Yeah I'm not an early adopter on this one, but at least I'm trying it
> now. I can't figure out if it's something amazing, or a total time
> drain, or some complex combination of the two. I'm utterly weirded.

It's a total time drain. That's why I wrote some scripts and programs to
automate my use of it. When I friend somebody, I have the software
sniff out their friends and do my dirty work for me. To hell with
clicking on a website for hours on end. I also have the same type of
scripts working for my twitter account, which is how I follow and
friend so many people. Quite interesting stuff starts bubbling up when
you go a few layers deep into the social network ...

- Bryan