[ExI] Facebook is freaking me out

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:15:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Bryan Bishop wrote:
> There's no venture capital required to do it .. your only problem is
> getting the snowball effect to occur. The FOAF format, imaging fomats,
> iCAL and ics files, etc., it's all there already, with pingback servers
> and trackers finally becoming popular (again); the trick is just
> convincing people to actually use the damn software.

Reminds me of the hive of communication inside large organizations
where there are so many emails, messages, meetings, etc. all cc'd to
everyone else, that most of the time is spent in communicating and
they have to hire contractors to get any actual work done.

On the other hand, this social cloud is ideal to find out all the gory
details before you hire someone, rent a flat to them, lend them money,
or even go on a date with them.  ;)

BillK