[ExI] Facebook is freaking me out

Max More max at maxmore.com
Mon Sep 8 15:37:48 UTC 2008

Emlyn--one thing I would suggest is, right away, decide whether you
want to restrict your "friends" to *actual* friends, or whether you
want to add hundreds of people you don't really know but have some
vague connection with. If you don't decide now, you may end up doing
the latter by default while wishing for the former. I think both
approaches make sense, but FaceBook will run away out of control
unless you decide between them right away.

Max

At 12:49 AM 9/8/2008, Emlyn wrote:
>Like the subject says. I just joined facebook (as quite a few of you
>know because friend requests started flying out in all directions).
>Yeah I'm not an early adopter on this one, but at least I'm trying it
>now. I can't figure out if it's something amazing, or a total time
>drain, or some complex combination of the two. I'm utterly weirded.
>
>Who else here is on facebook? Or one of the other mylinkspaceface type
>sites? Post an internet, plz thx, tell us what you think about it, k
>bai.

Max More, Ph.D.
Strategic Philosopher
www.maxmore.com