[ExI] Cramer going backwards

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Sep 9 02:32:38 UTC 2008

    * <http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/08/1360189.aspx>

<Speaking of time travel, Cramer has been in the midst of a real-life
experiment in retrocausality - a kind of backward flow of information
from the future to the past. I first wrote about this experiment
almost two years ago, and Cramer recently told me that he's still
trying to get the apparatus to work. Perhaps what Stephen Hawking
said is true: Nature abhors a time machine.

Cramer, who's also on one of the research teams using the
Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider, has often said that he'll write
either a scientific paper or a novel about backward causality.

"If the experiment works, then I will be on to some very interesting
roads to success," Cramer said, "but I'll probably end up writing the
novel rather than making the discovery. In a sense, doing the
experiment is background for the novel.">