[ExI] Terrorist? Who can tell?

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Tue Sep 9 07:26:12 UTC 2008

At 11:06 PM 9/8/2008, spike wrote:

snip

>We treat all races with respect, for one does not choose one's race (yet).
>But religion is a choice,

I am not so sure it is, especially for people who do not understand
why human evolved the trait to have religions at all.

Roughly religions are xenophobic memes that gain influence in
populations when they are under stress and perceive a bleak
future.  In the environment of evolutionary adaptiveness, they served
to synch a tribe's warriors into a frenzy to go out and kill neighbors.

As long as the income per capita is rising this mechanism is turned
off.  But when it is turned on, we did not evolved to resist it.

>and so it is open to criticism, lampoon and
>parody.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons_controversy

A good example of a people who have a bleak future.  It does not take
much to set them on the warpath.

Keith Henson