[ExI] I hope this is hysterical nonsense

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Sep 14 14:37:59 UTC 2008

> On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: [ExI] I hope this is hysterical nonsense
>
> <http://www.opednews.com/articles/What-YOU-can-do-to-prevent-b
> y-Mark-Crispin-Mille-080912-383.html>What
> You Can Do To Prevent Another Stolen Election MARK CRISPIN
> MILLER - OpEd News
>

> There's really only one way to prevent another stolen race, and
> that's to focus national attention on the revelations of
> whistle-blower Stephen Spoonamore...

Oy vey thanks Damien.  I am encouraged that a lotta states are getting rid
of their electronic voting machines, especially in the swing states.

>From a libertarian point of view, the current sitch is as good as it gets.
The two majors are statistically tied.  Let's hope it stays there all the
way to the election, that the campaigns become increasingly bitterly
negative, and that we have another 2000-like outcome where it isn't clear
who won for some time, but the electoral college goes opposite the popular
vote.

This is good on many levels: it tends to diminish the power of the
presidency, it emphasizes the importance of following election law to the
letter, demonstrates the necessity of a paper trail, increases the voter
participation by showing that every vote counts, increases cynicism about
government and reduces the proletariat's dependence and trust of same,
eliminates any strong argument for a president claiming a popular mandate,
among many other positive results.  But the most beneficial aspect of a
cliff-hanger election is that it greatly increases the influence of tiny
third parties, such as libertarian, for the opinions of these parties count
for something when the outcome is very close.  It's like being the small kid
on the playground where the two big bullies get into it and beat each other
beyond recognition.

I notice votemaster has the electoral college nearly tied at 268-270.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/