[ExI] ants again

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Sep 15 05:35:40 UTC 2008

> On Behalf Of The Avantguardian
> Subject: Re: [ExI] ants again
>
> --- On Sun, 9/14/08, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> >
> > I will likely perform the experimant next weekend.  Any
> speculations?
> >

> Not quite a speculation but . . .
>
> http://www.metacafe.com/watch/726398/ants_engineering_building
> _a_bridge_within_no_time/
>

> Stuart LaForge

Definitely wicked cool Avant.  In an odd way, watching cool stuff that ants
do gives me hope that humans can tinkerbellize, or figure out how to
download our brains into nanoscale computers, perhaps the size of an ant's
brain.  If we were to manage that task, where all our synapses were
simulated by such a tiny processor, we have every reason to believe we could
think thousands of times faster, since the signal paths would be shorter.

So Stuart, jumper or faller?