[ExI] People are Genuine Altruists, Sociopaths, or Confused/Moody

Tue Sep 16 22:48:02 UTC 2008

"Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote,
> No, you are inferring this. Also, I observe that you have *not*
> found an instance of me arguing that your answers are *lies*.

Actually, you conceded that I had later in your note:

> You have caught me on one or two, though

And your defensive explanations are more than lame.  They are downright
childish:

>>> So suspicious! Always worried about what a "yes" may lead to, eh?
>
> Your *behavior* indeed did appear suspicious to me. And please note
> that here I ended it with a question.

So that's not a claim, it's a question?  Right....

> And most of the rest follow that pattern.  I'll say things like "it's as
> though",
> or "you seem...". (There is nothing wrong with such conjectures, so far
> as I can see; I allow plenty of room for explanation or outright denial.)

So conjectures don't count as claims?  You never "claimed" this stuff or
"stated" this stuff.  You merely conjectured that "it's as though" or "you
seem..."

You really wasted my time denying these claims and DEMANDING in capital
letters that I give examples of any such statements or claims.  And this is
your defense?  I shouldn't have even bothered responding to your feigned
indignation.

>>> Well, I don't think so.  And so why don't you just wait for the
>>> "big moment", and be unafraid of answering my little admissions?
>
> Here, yes, indeed I was suggesting that you be unafraid, yes, implying
> that perhaps you were at the moment afraid.

Yes.  And more than that, you keep wasting my time by goading me into
waiting for some "big moment".  Maybe the joke's on me.  But I'm beginning
to "conjecture" that there is no big moment.  "It's as though" you are just
stringing me along to see how long you can keep me in a conversation that
never actually goes anywhere.  "You seem" to be doing this on purpose.  You
really are an asshole, "eh?"

I'm going to stick you in my kill file.  That way I don't have to see your
"conjectures" that I am too afraid to argue with you, and mistake those for
actual claims or statements that I should respond to.

--
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI GSEC IAM ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP