[ExI] Nature of Humor: Grinning and Laughing

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Sep 17 01:46:48 UTC 2008

> Ben Zaiboc
>
> PS And this from Spike definitely made me guffaw, with nobody
> else around at all:
>
> ... Then I want to switch those two, so that
> funny is erotic and vice versa.  Just think of the fun we
> could have with that!"
>
> Spike is twisted...

Well, thanks I am trying to be.

> Spike, I salute you. Ben

Ben you are too kind.  But what I think Lee was asking was not do we laugh
at jokes we are reading.  Everyone does that.  But do we ever just think of
something and laugh.  I do, but that is a very interesting question, which
goes back to one I asked a few years ago in this forum: when something is
funny, why do we stop laughing eventually?  When we are sad, why do we stop
weeping?  What changes?