[ExI] the Spanish today

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 23:01:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> ... Didn't work, sadly, and I almost got one leg cut off,
> but I digress.

And now you're cutting us off, right there, at the interesting part.
This is rude, inconsiderate, unmanly. and I believe violates a basic
ethical principle of the Scribocratic Oath, to wit:  Do no harm to thy
readership by leaving them hanging overlong in a stressful condition
of suspense. unless it be to excite them yet further as the moment of
rescue impends.

Therefore, out with it.  How so "almost"?  Remained attached  by a
mere thread of sinew?  Extreme blood loss, delerium, tunnel of light,
plus brief reunion with deceased and disreputable ex-family members?
Or perhaps Dinner with the Aborigines:  At midnight, bathed in the
dancing light of their Aboriginal bonfire, the broken body of the
Broderick lies submerged beneath a writhing mound of Aussie maggots
exuberantly feasting on toe-jam and gangrenously necrotic flesh, as
his flight-ready spirit lingers on the threshold of forever, even as
the shaman circle, the dappled entanglement of shadow and spirit and
enraptured clay awaits the universe's decision re the evening's entré
: Plump Grubs Outback style, or Broderick au Plump Grubs?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Best, Jeff Davis

      Inside a dog it's too dark to read."
                 Groucho Marx