[ExI] AIG Bail out

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Sep 19 03:26:30 UTC 2008

> ...On Behalf Of Kevin Freels

Kevin thanks for the insightful comments on the loan industry.  We saw it
firsthand here in the taxifornia bay area.  We saw people living in million
dollar homes who owned nothing.  Million dollar homes, empty except for an
old chair salvaged from the dump, a television, some trash, with token
owners sitting in there in disbelief, wondering what to do next.

> Now I have a greater concern. It would be a terrific thing
> for everyone is people began saving their money rather than
> spending it all, but what happens if everyone suddenly stops
> buying at once because they are afraid of losing their jobs
> and need to build a quick savings account? That's the next
> wave. How do we prevent the herd from itself?

Don't worry Kevin.  It requires actual self-discipline to live under one's
means.  A few will do it, but the masses will not.