[ExI] ants again

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Sat Sep 20 04:29:15 UTC 2008

Wait. I am missing something here. How will this determine whether they are jumping or falling? This seems a question of intent. Unless this circle of gak is offset where no ants can fall directly into it and must therefore jump in a specific direction to reach it I don't see how this is supposed to answer the question.Even then, the wind could carry them a bit.

Or is this a misunderstanding? Do you mean to determine whether they are jumping or if they are falling? Or are you simply trying to figure out if they do both?

I have these ants that I swear not only fall out of the tree, but they intentionally catch a breeze to make the leap to my roof. I have never seen them do it but with a ant barrier completely around the foundation it's the only way unless they fly. The closest branch is about 10 feet up, but 2 feet away from being perpendiculat to the edge of the roof. For ants to get to the roof, the wind must blow, the ant must jump, and it needs to happen at the same time...... I get 3-4 black ants in the house a week!