[ExI] What Makes People Vote Republican

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 21:50:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 1:04 AM, Lee Corbin wrote:
>>> WHAT MAKES PEOPLE VOTE REPUBLICAN? [9.9.08]
>>> By Jonathan Haidt
>>> http://edge.org/3rd_culture/haidt08/haidt08_index.html
<snip>
> So whether I'll vote Republican is based on "for" 75 percent economics,
> "for" 30 percent international relations, and "against" 30 percent stem-cell
> and related research.

Well, judging by the reaction to Bush's bail out of the millionaire bankers,
McCain seems to be taking the populist position of protesting against
bailing out these rich East Coast bankers while Obama is going along
with it but asking for some help for people struggling to pay their
mortgages.

If Obama sticks with this position he will be handing the election on
a plate to McCain.

(Not that McCain would do much different if he was in power, but he
knows what to say to get a landslide of support going his way).

Get ready for another four years of Republican presidency.

BillK