[ExI] Yet another health care debate

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Sep 21 05:24:53 UTC 2008

At 10:07 PM 9/20/2008 -0700, Lee wrote:

>Whether it's from Canada, New Zealand, Great Britain, or Australia,
>the posters on this list from those countries never miss an opportunity
>to suggest that for the Americans, only the government solution makes
>sense.

Exactly! It's infuriating! Just like those danged evolutionists,
always shoving in with their fool opinions. Why can't they just let
folks alone? We *like* paying through the nose and being bankrupted
from huge bills if we have a medical emergency and the company shuts
us out--and who can blame them? They have to make a profit! What's
that? You say you're *not* claiming that *only* a national scheme
makes sense, just that it's cheaper and fairer and easier to
administer? Well, shut up! Those don't work!  No, not those
either.  Or those!  Look, they just don't work, okay?  They may work
in practice but they don't work in theory!

[Still the Other Damien]