[ExI] Nature of Humor: Grinning and Laughing

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun Sep 21 19:25:28 UTC 2008

Tom writes

> For those of you wondering about your "license to be weird",
> it is important to know what level of weirdness you are qualified for.
>
> http://www.brunching.com/images/geekchart.pdf shows exactly
> where you are in the hierarchy of geekiness, and who you are
> permitted to look down on.

Very neat. This chart is probably more useful than you suspect. When
inverted, it allows the people at the very bottom to also look down
on everyone else---which accords precisely with their view of the world.

But the inversion I suggest does have bizarre implications. It means that
the

        People Who Write Erotic
        Versions of Star Trek
        Where All the Characters
        Are Furries, Like Kirk is
        an Ocelot or Something,
        and They Put a Furry Version
        of Themselves as the Star of
        the Story

look down on the rest of us---for what, one wonders? Having an
inadquate sense of fun and bad taste to boot?   :-)

Lee