[ExI] What Makes People Vote Republican

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sun Sep 21 19:38:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 11:09:20AM -0700, Lee Corbin wrote:

> waste time listening to all this crap) were suggesting to me that
> McCain was just as retarded as the Democrats on economic
> issues (except for his rather strikingly praiseworthy history of
> *never* having supported an earmark!).

Assuming that history is true:
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/06/mccain-earmark/
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/05/mccains_fantasy_war_on_earmark.html
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/10/earmark.check/

McCain himself might be clean -- there's a bit of dispute -- but his VP
picks is an earmark queen, and he's been making inflated claims about
the costs of earmarks.

> >If Obama sticks with this position he will be handing the election on
> >a plate to McCain.

McCain's advocating the meltdown of the banking system?

-xx- Damien X-)