[ExI] Yet another health care debate.

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 22 15:21:37 UTC 2008

"Fred C. Moulton" <moulton at moulton.com>

> For each health care system under consideration
> please do the following:

Fred then lists 6 questions that he thinks any system should answer
if you intend to think deeply into this matter. I submit that there is
one question that should be answered before any of the 6 and is
more important than all of them put together:
Why is the health system in the USA more expensive than that of
any other country when its people are not healthier than that of
any other country?

> to say the USA has a free market health care system just shows
> a lack of knowledge.

Yes, exactly. If you were free to chose ANYONE to treat you and
were not limited to those the government gave a permission slip
to practice medicine, and if you were free to put ANY drug into
your body, and if you could buy ANY drug over the counter, then
people would be richer and healthier than they are now.
Or at least the smart ones would be.

Of course not everyone is smart, so then as a bonus we'd get to see
a vivid demonstration of Evolution in action.

 John K Clark