[ExI] Yet another health care debate.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Sep 22 22:41:55 UTC 2008

At 06:22 PM 9/22/2008 -0400, John K Clark  wrote:

>>I think it's a bit unkind to call "extreme libertarians"
>>stupid dunces.
>
>Before I posited my last post I scrutinized it
>for potential landmines, I did not find any. Damien in the future
>please have the courtesy
>of being a little less bright.

???

BillK said this:

"4) Extreme libertarians do, from time to time, bring up the suggestion
of letting all the poor, mentally disabled, physically disabled, etc.
fall by the wayside (evolution in action), but we are trying to
civilize them. Perhaps they could be permanently accompanied by a
social worker who every so often, wags a finger at them and says,
'Now, now, that's not very nice, is it? Try to play nice with other
people'."

Is it really difficult to grasp that BillK was saying, in his polite
UKian way, "Extreme libertarians are heartless bastards who'd be
happy to see the weaker people in the community perish, but some of
us are trying to civilize such extreme libertarians, who should learn
to treat other people nicely"?

Or were you making some other, deeper, subtler criticism of Bill's
post that escapes me?

Damien Broderick