[ExI] Evolution "for the Good of the Group"

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Mon Sep 22 23:34:31 UTC 2008

Stuart writes

> --- On Sun, 9/21/08, hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> You can use "evolution" to describe
>> stars over time, but it has nothing to
>> do with the mechanisms of biological
>> evolution.
>
> Nonsense. The evolution of life is courtesy
> of and *powered* by stars. They are the
> *source* of all biological evolution...

Sorry, Stuart, but I have to jump in here
(and sorry about other posts, but I don't
have time).

Calm down a minute! I think you are being
overly argumentative! Clearly Keith was
advising people *not* to confuse, say,
stellar evolution with biological evolution.

What it looks like you are doing there is
probably already classified as some kind
of argumentation error---you simply cannot
say "Nonsense." to what he wrote. (Well,
you did, but you shouldn't've.) At best you
provided a non-sequitur.

Lee