[ExI] Yet another health care debate.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Sep 23 13:11:46 UTC 2008

At 04:18 AM 9/23/2008 -0700, Damien X- wrote:

>Larry Niven is an extreme libertarian?  *Remembers "Anarchy Park"*

Fair enough, and that horrible construct OATH OF
FEELTHY or whatever it's called; lots of outright
authoritarianism, as with his pal Pournelle. This
weirdness comes out in an old interview:

<http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue386/interview.html>

< Because this is an election year, what are your
thoughts on the upcoming 2004 election?

Niven: I'm still in a dither; I'm either going to
vote Libertarian or vote for [President George]
Bush. I'm a registered Libertarian. The damn
problem is Bush's father got up my nose­he raised
taxes, after running a campaign on one issue:
"Read my lips, no new taxes." Taxes went up, I
voted Libertarian, not Democrat. >

And fwiw, he shared a Prometheus award for FALLEN
ANGELS (but then the marxist Ken MacLeod keeps picking those up as well).

Damien Broderick