[ExI] Yet another health care debate.

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Sep 24 14:19:31 UTC 2008

> --- On Tue, 9/23/08, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>
> > I predict that the state of California will be bankrupt within five
> > years.
>
> Considering that California ranked #1 in the U.S...thereby accounting
> for over 13% of this nation's wealth, such an occurance would
> probably bankrupt the whole country...
>
> http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/regional/gdp_state/gsp_newsrelease.htm
>
> Stuart LaForge

Agree with nearly all Stuart.  What I shoulda said was the California
government will be bankrupt, which would not bankrupt the fed.  The people
in California will still be earning as always and paying their federal
taxes.  I don't see how the California government can avoid bankruptcy with
all the mandated spending and other obligations we have taken.