[ExI] Article From March on SubPrime

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Sep 25 17:48:18 UTC 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 6:49 AM, Lee Corbin wrote:

> Fred writes about a March (!) 2008 article that very, very
> clearly explains three ways that the federal government (
> not it says, to be confused with the Fed reserve) contributed
> to the current fiasco:
>
>> Since there have been several posts about the current financial
>> situation I thought that some might be interested in an article which
>> covered many of these issues six months ago:
>>
>> http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1502&status=article&id=291507506135021
>
> Thanks, Fred. Some highlights from that URL:
>
>   To see how the government contributed to the subprime mess, we
>   must look at the feds, not the Fed. The feds helped create the
>   problem in three main ways.

Is it not the Fed that control interest rates and the money supply?  I
confess I forget which agency, quasi-governmental private group (like
the Fed), does what these days.  But interest rates and inflation of
the money supply are critical enablers of major bubbles.

Not that it matters too much as government and the Fed are in cahoots
running on ruining the US economically and selling all of us and our
children into the equivalent of indentured servitude.

- samantha