[ExI] Who's stealing our universe?

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Thu Sep 25 22:37:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 04:39:33PM -0500, Damien Broderick wrote:
> Very interesting post from Lee. The part in the original claim that I
> don't understand is how the gravitation of Vast amounts of clumped
> matter spacelike separated from (outside the lightcone of) the
> visible universe could possibly be affecting us?

AIUI, it's outside the lightcone of our part of the visible universe.
Not outside the part that we see being influenced.

I don't know that that makes sense given stationary lightcones, but the
flowing galaxies are moving away from us at high speed, which does
things to the axes of the lightcone, and the details exceeds my grasp of
special relativity.

-xx- Damien X-)