[ExI] The Nuclear Huns

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Sep 26 05:13:08 UTC 2008

 >...On Behalf Of The Avantguardian
> remember the world-wide rice shortages back in 2007?...
> countries like South Korea, India, Thailand, and Egypt
> *bribed* North Korea with literally billions of tons of rice,
> causing an artificial shortage of rice throughout the rest of
> the world...

Avant, that was a huge deal around here, for most of my neighbors are Asian.
I never understood why they couldn't just substitute potatoes for rice, the
two foods being nutritionally nearly identical.  Would it really be that
hard to create new recipes?  I think it would not.  Why not Indian curry on
mashed potatoes?  Chinese gravy?  Sushi would be tougher, but we could
manage somehow methinks.  Compressed hash browns or something.

> I don't see how the next president could be anything other
> than either a disappointment or a disaster...

Ja, but perhaps a valuable lesson will come of it: do not depend on a
president or any other politicians to solve our problems.  Work and vote
towards reducing the power of the government in general and the executive
branch specifically.

>...Anyone want to bet that we discover Russian nuclear
> missiles in Venezuela before the completion of the first term
> of the next U.S. president?   Stuart LaForge

I wouldn't bet against that for a minute.  After all this, we still have
opposition to ground based missile defense, a technology that been developed
in spite of constant criticism and opposition hammering away throughout the
90s.  That technology may save our asses some day in the not too distant
future.