[ExI] U.S. Medical Care

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:06:56 UTC 2009

On 02/04/2009, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, presumably you would not misuse nuclear weapons accidentally, so
> you should be talking about deliberate misuse of drugs.
> Like dumping them in the water system, poisoning large groups of
> people, murder weapons, serial killers, acid-throwing, poison gas
> release, etc. I'm sure you can think of many more examples.
>
> Obviously forbidding easy access to drugs doesn't stop all misuse. But
> it does stop an alienated teenager putting poisonous drugs in the
> school water tank.

That's really not a consideration at all. You can find far more
dangerous chemicals than prescription drugs far more easily in a
hardware store. There are exceptions, but with most drugs taking even
a hundred times the usual dose won't kill you, so it would be very
difficult to use them to poison someone without them noticing, let
alone a whole water supply.

--
Stathis Papaioannou