[ExI] What the France!?

Eschatoon Magic eschatoon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 09:57:41 UTC 2009

Many Muslim residents of France are citizens -- on which legal basis
could, or should, be expelled?

There is no defendable legal basis of course. There is only one
precedent in the modern history of Europe for expelling and abusing
citizens based on their religion and ethnic origin, and I hope we have
learned the lesson and don't wish to repeat it.

Might is usually right -- but it creates very dangerous precedents. If
Muslim citizens of France become a majority in the next decades,
_they_ may decide to expel non-Muslims on the basis of might is right.

G.

--
Eschatoon Magic
http://cosmeng.org/index.php/Eschatoon