[ExI] Mind Uploading article in Wikipedia

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 6 16:09:10 UTC 2009

"Stefano Vaj" <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>

> the very *existence* of such a thing [consciousness] remains to be defined
> and demonstrated in the first place?

I wish I understood why people feel compelled to say silly things like that.
There is not one person on planet Earth who thinks he does not think.
Yes it's true that a good definition of consciousness is probably imposable,
but that is a small loss. And as for another demonstration of consciousness
to prove its existence, well obviously that is completely redundant.

> what is really the point of going on debating for the umpteenth time

The point is that the thing you want more to happen than anything else in
the whole wide world is for your consciousness to continue, even though
you believe it doesn't exist.

 John K Clark