[ExI] Mind Uploading article in Wikipedia

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:15:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 6:09 PM, John K Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I wish I understood why people feel compelled to say silly things like that.

Why, obviously you have to study evolutionary psychology or NLP more
in depth to deal with this difficult issue. :-)

More seriously, I obviously do not deny the operational usefulness of
concepts such as consciousness or personality - which we are
relatively ready to recognise even to things such as legal entities .

Simply, we should realise that they are *constructs*, not "essences"
which can be investigated or discussed per se.

> There is not one person on planet Earth who thinks he does not think.

How would you know? Exceptions keep popping in my head... :-)

> The point is that the thing you want more to happen than anything else in
> the whole wide world is for your consciousness to continue,

Yes. And you know the reason is of that? Ask yourself a few question,
before rushing to "obvious" answers... :-)

--
Stefano Vaj