[ExI] Getting People who Speak Heresies to Shut Up

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 13:42:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Jeff Davis <jrd1415 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Substantial numbers of  Americans(in
> particular) are currently in a state of anti-muslim hysteria.  This is
> a bad state to be in, a dangerous state.  Particularly when
> accompanied by severe economic stress.
>
> Your message is the antidote.  Muslims are people just like everybody
> else.  Moms, dads, kid, jobs; love, hate, joy, grief, and irony, lots
> of irony.  Same as always.

This again is to many Europeas "typically American".

Whenever the Others are not the Devil, they must be Just the Same.
Something which leads to the surprise of Col Kurtz in Apocalypse Now
that the Viet-cong could do such "terrible things" while being "nice,
decent folks, fathers, workers and neighbours" in their everyday life
(I am quoting from memory).

Now, the muslims are *not* the same. And even the "muslim" concept is
misleading: it would be more accurate to speak of Arabs in France,
Turks in Germany, etc., since important differences exist also in that
camp.

But perhaps Islam is too emotional a subject for many people. Have you
ever tried to live a few years in Japan?

So, all in all, I think that an "ethnical" French may well be
concerned of living in the future in an islamic republic - and in the
present in areas where he risks to become quickly an alien.

On the other hand, the only three conceivable alternatives being
currently debated are those I already mentioned in another long post -
which apparently nobody read... :-) - are just three: forced
assimilation, deportation, multiculturalism (in the sense of multiple
communities semi-independently regulating their own affairs on the
same territory).

All of them, however, requires as a first step at least a relative
"suspension" of immigration flows. That is, exactly the opposite of
the view of those who would like to replace slaves as soon as they
emancipate and integrate with freshly-imported ones.

--
Stefano Vaj