[ExI] Amazon is Beginning to Delist Some Books

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Mon Apr 13 20:31:43 UTC 2009

Possibly. Like I said - my supposition. I'm disappointed at the speed
at which the Amazon PR machine is reacting to this by telling
absolutely outraged customers "it's a glitch" they're fixing, please
don't close their accounts. yet.....they're not communicating on the
same technological channels this potential misinformation/information
is spreading.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Mon, 4/13/09, B.K. DeLong <bkdelong at pobox.com> wrote:
>> There is FAR more to this. Search
>> "Twitter" (#amazonfail &
>> #glitchmyass) and Google for "Amazon Fail".
>>
>> Also see the posts from earlier this AM in:
>> http://community.livejournal.com/meta_writer
>>
>> Personally, I believe someone figured out how to exploit
>> the Amazon
>> API to the point where anything tagged as having GLBT
>> content had
>> their Sales Ranking removed. If that's the case and others
>> figured it
>> out just as fast (including before Amazon developers), we
>> could see
>> this happen to other books as well.
>
> If that's so, then this isn't Amazon playing Big Brother, but just someone hacking their site, no?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Family.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Life.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org