[ExI] The Evils of the West

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:09:55 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
> Yes, but to be more precise, being nice can arise
> out of habit.

Wasn't it an old American say "speak softly but carry a big stick"?

IMHO, western policies are too often arrogant and weak at the same time.

Political correctness and its dreams of a westernised one-world
imposes our not being "nice", not even when it would be in our best
interest, and at the same time keeps us  eminently vulnerable.

> On the world stage, this means trying to help all societies
> acquire the Western institutions that deliver the goods.

Historical experience should show that such external "help" is a
recipe for disaster - including to some extent for the "helpers".

--
Stefano Vaj