[ExI] Amazon is Beginning to Delist Some Books

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:18:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:49 PM, John K Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I don't see what that has to do with the First Amendment. If somebody
> doesn't want to sell something in their store I think they have every right
> not to do so.

Good news If this is a false alarm, but assuming it were not, I the
"legalistic" angle would be largely irrelevant.

The real issue, IMHO, is not whether you are entitled to do A or B,
but whether you would decide for B, and why.

Even those who would not challenge your personal freedom not to sell a
given book may well deplore that PC views become so dominant as to
affect our cultural consumptions.

>From a practical, rather than a legal, point of view, as I believe
Ezra Pound once said, "freedom of speech without freedom of radio
speech does not count for much".

--
Stefano Vaj