[ExI] Limits to the libertarian principle/was Re: Making Rationalizations is Superior to the Alternative

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 13:52:32 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 4/15/09, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 8:29 PM,
> BillK <pharos at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Do Libertarian principles really allow initiation of
> force now, based
> > on a speculation that damage might occur many many
> years in the
> > future? Surely not.
>
> What about the international scene? Should such principle
> be extended
> to all historical facts?

I believe so, but did you have a particular case in mind where you think the principle would not be applicable?  Someone mentioned having a draft if the country were invaded -- something libertarians should be against...  I mean they should be against any draft (or other form of enslavement) as it initiates force.

Regards,

Dan