[ExI] Kings need not apply here

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 22:38:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>wrote:

> At 11:22 AM 4/17/2009 -0700, John Grigg wrote:
>
>  "Give us a king to lead us," (1 Samuel 8:1-22)
>>

> "Give us a king to behead." (me)
>
> Well, not really. No need to be cruel. Give the guy a small pension if he
> can't find an honest job, and send him packing.

Ahh, but the problem is that the king has so many lobbyists in the capital
(and so many gold coins to help "persuade" others), that we will never get
rid of him!  And even worse, if he actually does give up the kingship, he'll
fall in with the infamous Wall Street Pirates, or become a CEO of a major
chariot manufacturer that regularly demand bailouts...

The job title or century may change, but not the type of person and the
effect on society that they and their cronies have...

John  ; )