[ExI] retrainability of plebeians

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Mon Apr 20 20:58:21 UTC 2009

On 20 Apr, 2009, at 16:28, Damien Broderick wrote:

> Dagon raises many important questions. My own answers (to the extent  
> that they are answers and not wistful dreams or shocking errors) are  
> given in THE SPIKE. In case anyone here hasn't read that pre- 
> Kurzweil book--first edition 1997--here's a segment:



Having not read your book (yet!), I find this excerpt very  
interesting. I'm particularly drawn to the notion of a Guaranteed  
Income, a concept that I've seen in other places, but not as well- 
described in the historiographical sense as you did here. It occurs to  
me that guaranteed income is a way of taking advantage of the  
Metcalfe's Law effect in the modern knowledge- and creativitiy-driven  
economy. (i.e., having 10% of people out of work makes the other 90%  
less productive as well.)


Brent Neal, Ph.D.
<brentn at freeshell.org>

More information about the extropy-chat mailing list