[ExI] Power satellites

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 24 16:44:48 UTC 2009

"Keith Henson" <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>

> Like all elevator proposals it suffers from the problem that we don't
> have the nanotube cable yet, but if we did his estimate isn't out of
> bounds.

So let's see, we don't know how to build practical power satellites but if
we had something else that we know even less how to build then they would be
dirt cheap. And on the basis of this "financial analysis" you expect people
to invest in the venture. Recent events have shown that bankers aren't
exactly rocket scientists, but they're not THAT dumb.

  John K Clark