[ExI] time for a new word?

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Apr 26 21:55:30 UTC 2009

At 12:09 PM 4/26/2009 -0700, Lee e'd:

>Too bad "web", "webbed" and "webbing" weren't used.
>
>The phrase "try googling 'math incompleteness'"
>still sounds awkward, whereas "try webbing 'math
>incompleteness' would have been better.
>
>E.g., "go web 'futurist'" as an imperative would
>have been dandy, or "go net 'futurist'".

In THE WHITE ACABUS (1997) I introduced "aksed" which immediately
took flight like a... dead auk. I still think it nicely combines the
common solecism for "asked" and the implied root term "access".

In my forthcoming story from Tor.com, a character speaks of
"consulting the Know." Presumably in that future, she'd have
"knowed." Or "node."

Damien Broderick