[ExI] Power satellites

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Tue Apr 28 02:33:59 UTC 2009

At 03:45 PM 4/27/2009, you wrote:
>Il 27/04/2009 21.47, Damien Broderick ha scritto:
>>At 09:01 PM 4/27/2009 +0200, Mirco wrote:
>>
>>>Yes, the idea is good.
>>>You force the utilities to pay handsomely for the first 0,1% of the
>>>energy of the grid, then a bit less for the first 1% and so on.
>>
>>You *force* the utilities??? What sort of free market capitalism is this?

It's no skin off the utilities any more than the expensive solar
power is to the German utilities.  They just pass on the high
mandated cost they buy at prices set by the government to the customers.

What this amounts to is a tax, but unlike most taxes, the point is to
pay a little more for a short time in order to get the power sat
business going, then paying a lot less for power in the longer run.

It would have to be structured carefully so at the end the customers
were getting cheap power (and synthetic oil).

Keith