[ExI] New Blow For Dinosaur-Killing Asteroid Theory

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 28 21:50:26 UTC 2009

> the Chicxulub impact predates the K-T boundary by as much as 300,000
> years.

So the largest impact in at least 100 million years and probably MUCH longer
happened at just about the same time (300,000 years is a mere trifle even if
true) as a HUGE mass extinction and it's all just a big coincidence?

You are in a massive thunderstorm and see your friend struck by lightning,
you run to him and see he is dead. Maybe the lightning didn't kill him,
maybe he had a stroke a tenth of a second before and was already dead
when the lightning hit him. Well maybe, but probably not.

Having said that I must also say I find it odd that the huge volcanic Deccan
Traps in India occurred at just about the same time as the impact and the
extinction. Everything seemed to be going wrong at the same time; but if it
didn't we wouldn't be here.

 John K Clark