[ExI] Most Fuel Efficient Cars (was: Selling the Green Economy)

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 04:47:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 3:23 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> I blame the evil US government for not making US gas taxes high enough.
>
> The Euro price is about 3 to 4 times higher than US prices, due to our
> lovable government taxation.
>
> Result - Euroland has much more economical cars than the US and we
> drive lower mileage.  And Euro governments have more tax income to
> spend lavishly without running trillion dollar deficits.
>
> What's not to like?  ;)

### Riding in buses with other losers who can't afford to drive a car.
Not being able to afford living in a log home in the forest with view
like that:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/HH-htH6LbNqwYmQ3kKM07w?feat=directlink

because you can't do the 42 mile commute to town. Getting killed in an
accident when your tiny econobox bounces off an S-class Benz. The
sheer indignity of driving an econobox?

Just to give you some food for thought, this is my car:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DLa9W4qlYQRAFTuxzOBbOg?authkey=Gv1sRgCM_CkaX1rZSagwE&feat=directlink

Take that, Yugo!

Rafal