[ExI] retrainability of plebeians

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 30 17:30:43 UTC 2009

At 04:11 AM 4/30/2009 -0400, Rafal wrote:

> > Well there's the problem. When people aren't doing paid labour, it
> > doesn't mean they are just engaged in "fun and games", demonstrably
> > so. So, that kind of language doesn't fit.
>
>### So what do 95% humans do when not paid? You would be hard-pressed
>to find them engaged in many activities of use to strangers.

Wrong question in this context. A better one is: What do humans do
when don't have to take a standard job in order to earn an income?
Answer: Many of them no doubt hang about jawing with each other, or
gambling, or becoming intoxicated; some, like Darwin, go out and
revolutionize everything we know. These days, most of the Darwins are
subsidized by govt or corporations rather than requiring private
incomes, but many people in a guaranteed minimum income society would
create freeware, art, music, wild ideas and other good things of
potential general benefit. In essence, that's what I've done for the
last three decades at least. It was easier, in some respects, as an
Australian.

Damien Broderick