[ExI] Why has Lee Corbin has NOT been expelled from the list?

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 30 18:53:01 UTC 2009

At 01:29 PM 4/30/2009 -0500, Max wrote:

>Damien -- I already explained what I thought happened in my post on
>April 28. Since I have seen Lee post since Spike returned (earlier
>than expected), that explanation appears to be correct.

Asynchrony strikes again. I still haven't see Lee's
return-from-the-dead post. And the archive

http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/

isn't working, apparently--at least via Firefox on my machine.

Yes, you explained what you thought happened:

<it's my understanding that Lee is indeed on moderation and has not
been "expelled". Use of the term "booted" or "expelled" is unhelpful
because it fails to distinguish between these two possibilities.>

--my point was that this didn't seem terribly consistent with what
Lee said actually happened:

>"You have been unsubscribed from the
>extropy-chat mailing list."

But hey. I trust it's all been worked out.

Damien Broderick